If you are having difficulties pairing your Eight hub to your WiFi, here are some things to consider:
- Ensure that your router is not too far from the Eight hub and that the signal is strong.
- Note: the hub does not need to be connected to the cover for the pairing, so feel free to move it around.
- Ensure that your router does not have MAC filtering enabled.
- WEP security is not supported (please use WPA2, WPA or None).
- 5G WiFi networks are not supported.
- VPN must be disabled during the pairing process, but can be enabled after pairing is successful.
- Your Wi-Fi password should be shorter than 25 characters.
- Your Wi-Fi network name must be shorter than 32 characters.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi password is correct - note that 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks emitted by the same router may have different passwords, so if your phone is on 5GHz you may need a different password for the 2.4GHz network your Eight connects to.
- Captive portals (Wi-Fi networks that redirect to a webpage to proceed) are not supported.
- On some Android devices there is a Smart Network Switch or Auto Network Switch setting, this must be turned off for the pairing to succeed.
- Ensure that the Eight-XXXX network or connection is not being quarantined by an access point security system (e.g., Cisco Meraki). If so, you should un-quarantine the Eight connection.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with the pairing, contact us at email@example.com with the following information:
- What color is the Eight hub light when the pairing fails?
- What step of the pairing process is failing?
- Are you an Android or iOS user?
- What is the serial number of your device? (you can find it on the label under the hub)
- What version of the app are you using?
- What model is your Wi-Fi router?